Apples, dried cranberries and toasted almonds add the perfect fall flavor to this quinoa salad. Serve this healthy side dish on Thanksgiving day!
Autumn Quinoa Salad
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallot
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale or spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp. toasted chopped almonds
- 2 Tbsp. roasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium sized saucepan bring salted water to a boil. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan add apple cider, vinegar and shallots. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for about 8 minutes or until it has reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat and pour into a jar. Whisk in mustard, syrup and olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cooled quinoa, apple, green onions, kale, cranberries, almonds and seeds. Mix in desired amount of cider vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.