These Baked Coconut Shrimp have big flavor without the extra calories!
Baked Coconut Shrimp
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Sweet chili sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. In a separate bowl combine coconut flakes and bread crumbs. In a third bowl combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Dip shrimp into flour mixture, then egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off shrimp. Then coat shrimp in coconut mixture.
- Place shrimp on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12 minutes, or until shrimp are golden on the outside and opaque on the inside. Serve with sweet chili sauce.