Make Baked Eggplant Pizza and use fresh eggplant and peppers from your garden. This recipe is great as an appetizer or a quick dinner.
Baked Eggplant Pizza
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 eggplant, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Sliced pepperoni, green pepper, sausage, spinach, olives, or your favorite toppings
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Press each slice of eggplant with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Dip eggplant in egg whites, then in bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp on one side. Turn each slice over, drizzle with olive oil and bake for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Top each slice with sauce and your favorite toppings. Top with cheese. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.