Jen from Todd Sparkle Market is in the kitchen with Megan this morning making one of her favorite holiday desserts! Berry Dessert is filled with Jell-O, cool whip, strawberries and blueberries; a sweet treat for Memorial Day weekend!
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups cool whip
- 2 (3 oz.) packages corresponding Jell-O (raspberry, blueberry, blackberry or strawberry)
- 20 oz. berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or strawberries)
- 2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- Mix together flour, 1 tablespoon sugar and butter for
- crust and press into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake for
- minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix together cream cheese, salt, powdered sugar, vanilla and cool whip. Spread cream mixture over cooled crust.
- Dissolve Jell-O as directed on the back of the package. Add berries and remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Chill until thick, but not set. Pour berry mixture over cream cheese layer and chill until ready to serve.