Blue Cheese Stuffed Fig Burgers are delicious! Serve this recipe with your favorite toppings. Salemville Blue Cheese is on sale at Sparkle Markets all month!
Blue Cheese Stuffed Fig Burgers
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fig preserves
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz. Salemville blue cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Lettuce for serving
- In a large skillet, heat butter and onions. Cook onions for 15 to 20 minutes or until onions are soft and caramelized. Add fig preserves and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until evenly combined. Divide into eight 1/4-inch thick patties.
- In a small bowl, combine blue cheese and 1 tablespoon fig onion mixture. Divide mixture on half of the patties. Place remaining patties on top and pinch edges to seal.
- Preheat grill.
- Cook for 7 minutes on each side. Remove patties and let rest for 5 minutes. Place patty, lettuce and tomato on each bun. Top with remaining fig onion jam.