You won’t be disappointed with this delicious pizza! Brussels sprouts and bacon pizza will pleasantly surprise your taste buds. The kids won’t even know they are eating brussels sprouts.
Brussels Sprout and Bacon Pizza
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package prepared pizza dough
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Provolone cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Fontina cheese, freshly grated
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add bacon. Cook until crispy. Remove and place on a paper towel to drain. Reserve some bacon grease, reduce heat to medium-low and add shallot. Cook for 5 minutes until soft, add garlic, Brussels sprouts, salt and pepper. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Place dough on pizza stone and sprinkle garlic powder overtop. Place cooked toppings on dough. Top with cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.