Chicken Burrito Bowls can also be made ahead for your lunches. Prepare portion amounts in plastic containers for the week.
Chicken Burrito Bowls
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1 oz.) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 jar salsa
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, divided
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Place chicken, peppers and onion on a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning evenly over chicken. Top each chicken breast with salsa and bake for 25 minutes. Rest chicken for 10 minutes, before slicing into strips.
- Add brown rice to 4 food storage containers. Top each with a scoop of black beans, corn, cheese, cooked peppers, onions and sliced chicken. Garnish with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 4 days.