Try this Chicken Chili in the slow cooker for the next YSU tailgate! It’s perfect as these temperatures drop.
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 can rotel tomatoes
- 1 packet dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- In your slow cooker, combine black beans, corn, rotel tomatoes, ranch mix, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, ground cayenne, garlic, pepper and chicken stock.
- In a large skillet heat butter and add onion. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent and tender. Add onions to slow cooker and mix well. Add chicken.
- Spoon cream cheese over top of the chicken mixture and cover with a lid. Cook on low heat for 5 to 7 hours, or until chicken easily shreds with fork. When chicken is done, remove and shred. Return to chili mixture and stir well until cream cheese is dissolved.