Enjoy chicken fajita sandwiches for lunch or dinner this week. These toasted sandwiches are the perfect solution for a tasty quick meal.
Chicken Fajita Sandwiches
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 sandwich rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream and salsa for serving
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, peppers and taco seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables have started to soften. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until cooked through. Stir in lime juice.
- Divide chicken and pepper mixture evenly over rolls and top each sandwich with 1/4 cup cheese. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bun is toasted. Top with cilantro, sour cream and salsa.