Chicken Shawarma with Hummus
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and sliced
- Classic hummus and pita bread for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil. Set aside. Heat garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, curry powder, nutmeg and red pepper flakes in a skillet on medium-high. Toast spices, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Mix spices into lemon mixture. In a resealable plastic bag, combine chicken with marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place chicken on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked and starting to crisp on the edges. Spread hummus on toasted pita and top with chicken and desired toppings.