We are making fun, different recipes that the family will love! We are cooking spaghetti with a twist. It’s made from squash! Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to pasta.
Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 2 small spaghetti squash or 1 large
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 6 Tbsp. basil pesto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- Using a knife, pierce squash. Place squash in a glass baking dish and cook in microwave for 15 minutes, turning squash halfway through cooking. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds and fibers. Using a fork, twist out spaghetti squash flesh and place in a large bowl. Let stand at room temperature. Save shells of squash for stuffing.
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Transfer to a bowl. Turn heat to medium and heat remaining olive oil. Add onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in spaghetti squash strands, chicken and pesto. Cook for 2 minutes, until heated through. Scoop spaghetti squash mixture into shells and top with cheese.
- Place stuffed spaghetti squash onto a baking sheet and place under broiler. Cook until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.