You won’t be disappointed in Chili and Cheese Fries. Add your favorite toppings and serve as a snack or appetizer.
Chili and Cheese Fries
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 (26 oz.) bag frozen fries
- 1Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Tomatoes, sour cream and green onions for topping
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Cook fries according to package directions. Heat olive oil over medium high heat, add meat, onion, celery, pepper, chili powder, cumin, coriander and Sriracha. Stir to combine. Add crushed tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Change oven settings from bake to broil. Place cooked fries on oven-safe plates. Ladle chili overtop, then sprinkle with cheese. Place in oven for about 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is melted. Add desired toppings and serve warm.