Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins are the perfect treat for fall. Save this recipe for Halloween!
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 2 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together butter, 1 1/3 cups sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until light and fluffy. Add 2 eggs and pumpkin, mix until combined. Slowly add dry ingredients and water, alternating between each.
- Line a muffin pan with baking cups. Spoon muffin batter into each cup filling it 3/4 full.
- Beat together cream cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Transfer cream cheese mixture to a piping bag or sealable plastic bag and snip off the tip. Pipe about 1 1/2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin cup. Bake muffins for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool muffins for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to cooling rack.