Tis the season for delicious recipes! Creamy Bacon Mac and Cheese is put together in about 30 minutes. Try this ultimate comfort food for the holidays.
Creamy Bacon Mac and Cheese
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 lb. dry macaroni
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of cheddar soup
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and let cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Whisk in half and half, milk, mustard and onion powder. Stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese and 3 cups Cheddar cheese until melted. Add soup, bacon, salt and pepper. Toss cheese sauce and noodles together. Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 18 to 24 minutes or until bubbly.