We have three great recipes to serve to your guests this football season. Creamy Ham and Potato Soup will feed a crowd. Your guests will love this hearty, warm dish.
Creamy Ham and Potato Soup
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. red potatoes, skin-on and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 8 oz. diced cooked ham
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Add oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and leeks. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes,
- stirring occasionally until onions start to soften.
- Add garlic, stir and cook an additional 30 seconds. Add potatoes, broth and thyme. Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
- When vegetables are tender, insert an immersion blender into soup and process until creamy. Add ham and kale, continue to heat until ham is warm and kale is wilted. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.