Gia Russa Coffee Marinated Steak
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Gia Russa garlic
- 1 cup G Russa espresso coffee, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Gia Russa balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Gia Russa mild olive oil
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 container G Russa espresso coffee grounds
- 1/3 cup Gia Russa grapeseed oil
- 3 Tbsp. Gia Russa red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk shallot, garlic, coffee, vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, olive oil and pepper in a bowl. Pour half the marinade into a resealable plastic bag. Add steaks, seal and coat well. Set aside remaining marinade. Let steaks marinade for 1 hour.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove steaks from marinade and season with salt and pepper. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes. Baste often with extra marinade. Turn steak. Repeat. Cook until proper doneness. Slice steak in thin strips and place over green salad mix.
- In a pan, brown onion and coffee slowly in oil until onion is translucent. Pour in cheesecloth. Let cool. In a bowl, mix oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad.