Mollie from Gia Russa will be in the kitchen making Creamy Tortellini Soup. Watch Great Groceries on WFMJ three times a week!
Gia Russa Creamy Tortellini Soup
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage, cooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Gia Russa chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 cups Gia Russa chicken stock
- 2 jars Gia Russa alfredo sauce
- 1 bag Gia Russa cheese tortellini or tri-color cheese tortellini
- 5 cups spinach
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Gia Russa parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Brown sausage in a sauté pan. Transfer sausage to a slow cooker and add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and chicken stock. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.
- Stir in alfredo sauce and cheese tortellini. Mix well. Cover and cook on high heat for 45 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook another 10 minutes or until leaves are wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add crushed red pepper.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with cheese and parsley. Serve with warm baguettes.