Gia Russa Eggplant Pasta Salad
Author: Sparkle Markets
This pasta salad is just as tasty as it is looks!
- 16 oz. spring mix
- 8 oz. chopped romaine
- 1 bag Gia Russa tri-color pasta
- 1 can Gia Russa small black pitted olives, drained
- 1 jar Gia Russa roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 jar Gia Russa marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 jar Gia Russa sundried Julienne tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 bottle Gia Russa pasta salad dressing
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup Gia Russa panko seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Gia Russa extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shaved Fontina cheese
- Fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 cup Gia Russa pasta salad dressing
- Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a bowl, toss spring mix and romaine lettuce together. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Cool. In a large bowl, add olives, roasted red peppers, artichokes, tomatoes and salad dressing; toss with tri-color pasta. Let chill.
- Coat eggplant slices with flour and then eggs. Then coat with Gia Russa bread crumbs. Place eggplant slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 minutes. OR: Add oil olive to a skillet on medium heat. Once oil is hot, fry eggplant for 2 to 4 minutes per side. Let eggplant cool.
- Assemble salad on serving dish: 1 to 2 cups salad mix, top with 1 cup pasta mix. Place eggplant on top of pasta salad. Top with sliced tomato, cheese and basil. Drizzle with 1 cup of Gia Russa pasta salad dressing. Garnish with lemon zest.