It’s National Waffle Day on Thursday! Gia Russa is in the kitchen making Italian Pizzelle Berry Delight, featuring the Italian waffle.
Gia Russa Italian Pizzelle Berry Delight
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 12 Gia Russa Pizzelles, anise or vanilla flavor
- 1 cup mascarpone, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
- 1 jar Gia Russa Wild Berry Preserves
- 1/2 cup water
- Chill a bowl. On low speed, beat mascarpone and salt. Gradually pour in heavy cream. Increase speed to medium and beat in powdered sugar. Continue beating until mixture forms medium peaks. Fill pastry bag with mascarpone filling and squeeze on pizzelles working from center outward. Place fresh berries on top of filling. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add wild berry preserves and water. Stir until preserves are reduced.
- Drizzle wild berry reduction over pizzelles and serve immediately.