Gia Russa Italian Ricotta Cookies
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz. Gia Russa Ricotta Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1 jar Gia Russa Sicilian Lemon Marmalade or Gia Russa Sicilian Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In mixing bowl, combine baking powder and salt. Set aside. In large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating until mixed well. Add ricotta cheese. For lemon flavor add lemon juice and lemon zest, or for orange flavor add vanilla and orange zest. Beat to combine and slowly stir in dry ingredients. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool.
- In sauté pan, depending on which flavor, empty marmalade jar and mix with water, stirring constantly, until heated thoroughly. For a sweeter version, add powdered sugar. Let cool. Spoon over cookies and let glaze set.