Gia Russa Wild Berry Icebox Cake with Chocolate
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1 jar Gia Russa Wild Berry Preserves
- Powdered sugar to taste, add if needed to sweeten whipped cream to your liking
- 2 to 3 package inserts Gia Russa Chocolate Pizelles
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup hot fudge, softened
- Fresh mint for garnishing
- In a large bowl of a standing mixer, add wild berry preserves and whipping cream. Whip until stiff peaks form. Add powdered sugar, to taste.
- Line a medium-sized springform pan with plastic wrap. Pour 1/3 of the berry mixture into the pan, spreading to edges. Layer 1/3 of pizelles cookies on top allowing for an inch border around the outside. Pour in 1/3 more berry mixture, spreading to edges then add another layer of pizelles. Finish with final layer of berry mixture.
- Cover cake with foil and freeze overnight. Unmold cake and carefully remove plastic wrap, then place cake on serving plate and top with fresh raspberries. Drizzle with hot fudge and garnish with fresh mint leaves. Serve immediately or allow to thaw slightly then serve.