Goat Cheese & Bacon Filet Mignon
Author: Sparkle Markets
Impress your special someone with this divine recipe!
- 2 oz. fresh goat cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. chopped sundried tomatoes
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper 1 lb. beef tenderloin/filet mignon roast, cut into four 4-ounce steaks
- 1/2 lb. bacon, chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- In a small bowl mix together goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and basil. Sprinkle the steaks with the salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside. Place the steaks into the hot pan with the bacon drippings and cook until desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the steaks and let rest.
- Return the bacon to the skillet with the shallots and increase the heat to medium-high. Deglaze the pan with the red wine and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer.
- Serve the steaks topped with the goat cheese mixture and pan sauce.
- Watch Great Groceries on WFMJ Today (Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-7am) and on WFMJ’s Mid-Day Report (Wednesdays at noon). If you have comments or suggestions, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.