Greek Pork Pitas are easy to make and can feed the whole family, plus more! Take a supermarket shortcut by buying premade tzatziki sauce.
Greek Pork Pitas
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder, fat trimmed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/8 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Feta cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) jar sun-dried tomatoes
- Place pork, onion, 3 cloves garlic, oregano, onion powder, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a slow cooker on low heat for 10 to 12 hours.
- In the meantime, squeeze juices from cucumber. In a food processor add cucumber, yogurt, dill, lemon juice, remaining garlic and remaining salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Refrigerate sauce for at least one hour.
- Shred meat and stir in juices. Assemble pitas with pork, tzatziki sauce, Feta cheese and tomatoes.