Hazelnut-Crusted Scallops will make the perfect dish for your Valentine’s Day dinner at home! Serve this meal with a fresh salad and angel hair pasta; dinner will be done in less than 20 minutes!
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 5 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 lb. scallops, drained
- 1/4 cup seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet. Stir in wine, heavy whipping cream, thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add scallops, turning to coat. Remove from heat.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small bowl and stir in bread crumbs and nuts or pecans. Sprinkle mixture over scallops. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.