It’s National Cheese Pizza Day! So of course we are making our own homemade cheese pizza! Customize this recipe by adding your favorite toppings.
Homemade Cheese Pizza
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Tbsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 8 fresh Mozzarella slices
- Prepared pizza dough
- Favorite toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- In stock pot, heat olive oil until shimmering. Stir in garlic and cook until just lightly browned. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 10 minutes, until juices start to evaporate. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes more. Cool slightly before spreading on pizza.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce onto pizza dough. Top with cheese. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is crisp and cheese is bubbly.