The cheese of the month is Jarlsberg® cheese! Try Homemade Mac and Cheese, the kids will love this one.
Homemade Mac and Cheese
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 lb. rotelle pasta
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Jarlsberg® cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta. Mix together cheeses in a large bowl.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in the pot in which the pasta was cooked. Whisk in flour and continue to cook. Gradually whisk in milk, 1 cup at a time. Add salt, nutmeg and red pepper flakes. Bring mixture to a simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened and smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in 2 cups of cheese mixture. Add pasta and toss.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup remaining cheese mixture evenly on the bottom of a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Add in half pasta mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese mixture over pasta. Spoon the remaining pasta over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Arrange sliced tomatoes over top. Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is lightly golden.