Heat up the grill, we are grilling jalapeño cheese stuffed burgers this week! You don’t want to miss this one.
Jalapeño Cheese Stuffed Burgers
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 4 jalapeño peppers
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, unpeeled
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef, formed into patties
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves, sliced onion, tomato, mayonnaise and ketchup for serving
- Rub jalapeños with olive oil. Thread jalapeños and garlic onto a skewer and grill until charred. Chop the jalapeños and remove the seeds. Peel the garlic and transfer to a bowl with the jalapeños. Fold in cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut eight 6-inch squares of wax paper and divide the beef among them. Pat each portion into a 5-inch round, a little thicker in the center. Mound 1/4 cup cheese mixture in the centers of 4 patties. Top with the remaining patties; press edges to seal. Flatten centers so that the burgers are even. Lightly oil the grate. Grill burgers for about 7 to 10 minutes, flipping once. Toast the kaiser rolls, then place the burgers on the rolls and top with lettuce, onion and tomato. Serve with mayonnaise and ketchup.