This is a Mexican restaurant rice that will pair perfectly with chips and salsa!
Jalapeño Lime Rice
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- Place tomatoes and onion in a food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer 2 cups of tomato mixture to a medium saucepan. Stir in chicken broth, salt, chili powder and cumin. Bring liquid to a boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add rice and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes,
- stirring frequently until lightly toasted and golden. Add jalapeño and cook for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour boiling tomato mixture over rice; stir to combine. Turn heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, covered, until liquid has evaporated and rice is done. Remove from heat. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Add cilantro and lime juice; fluff gently with a fork. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.