Adam’s Reserve Cheddar is the cheese of the month! Try Layered Salsa and Bean Dip, it’s cheesy and delicious.
Layered Salsa and Bean Dip
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 onion, diced, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (4.5 oz.) can green chilies
- 1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
- 3 cups Adam’s Reserve Cheddar, divided
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Pulse tomatoes, lime juice, 1/2 onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, jalapeño and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor about 7 or 8 times. Salsa should be chunky.
- In a pan over medium-high heat sauté remaining onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cumin in the vegetable oil until translucent. Add beans and chilies and sauté until hot. Transfer to a food processor and process until almost smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spread beans in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, top with sour cream and 2 cups of the Adam’s Reserve Cheddar. Spread on salsa and then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.