Mashed Potato Waffles
Author: Sparkle Markets
Serve for breakfast or dinner!
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 Tbsp. chopped chives, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cooked and crumbled bacon and sour cream for serving
- Preheat broiler.
- In a bowl, whisk butter, buttermilk and eggs until combined. Add mashed potatoes, green onions and 2 tablespoons of chives and gently stir to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir until combined. Pour batter into a waffle iron until full. Cook until golden on each side. Remove waffles from iron and place on a cooling rack.
- Place waffles on a baking sheet and top with cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining chives and serve warm with bacon and sour cream.