Mozzarella Cheese Sticks are homemade with the cheese of the month – BelGioioso Mozzarella. The kids will love them!
Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 (6 oz.) BelGioioso fresh Mozzarella log, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Marinara for serving
- Put equal amounts of Panko and Italian bread crumbs in a bowl and mix together. Beat eggs and milk in a separate bowl. Put flour in a third bowl.
- Roll cheese in flour, then dip in egg mixture and then coat with bread crumbs. Heat oil in pan and fry breaded cheese, turning until cheese is warm and coating is browned. Serve with marinara sauce.
- * Preheat oven to 400º. Place cheese sticks in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle melted butter over cheese sticks. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are golden brown.