This delicious enchilada recipe is made in just one pot! It’s filled with a variety of garden vegetables including bell peppers, squash, zucchini and corn.
One Pot Enchiladas
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add corn tortilla pieces and cook for five minutes, until slightly crispy. Remove tortillas and set aside. Add remaining oil to the pan and add onion. Cook onion for 2 minutes, then add zucchini, squash, pepper, garlic, corn, black beans, salt, pepper, cumin and paprika. Stir until everything is combined and cook for ten minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add corn tortillas back in along with 1 cup cheese and stir. Add the enchilada sauce and stir again. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, turn heat off and cover for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro.