Pesto Chicken Sandwiches are an easy lunch or dinner idea for the whole family this summer.
Pesto Chicken Sandwich
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded thin
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices sourdough or Italian bread
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning, seasoned salt and pepper. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading pesto over bread. Top with chicken, tomatoes and cheese. Brush tops and bottoms of the sandwiches lightly with olive oil. Cook sandwiches in a skillet over medium-high heat until toasted then flip. Cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.