Quinoa Breakfast Bowls can be served with your favorite fruits! Customize this recipe to your liking. This recipe serves two.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup original or vanilla almond milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 2 peaches, sliced
- Maple syrup for serving
- Rinse and drain quinoa. Place in a small saucepan with almond milk, cinnamon stick and salt. Bring to a high simmer, cover and reduce heat to a low simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 more minutes or until the almond milk is absorbed and quinoa is cooked. Scoop quinoa into two bowls, discarding cinnamon stick. Top with toasted almonds, toasted coconut, peaches and maple syrup, adding more almond milk if desired.