Quinoa Sliders make a light vegetarian meal. Serve these mini patties with a side salad or vegetable.
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed and bread cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed to remove liquid
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Mini burger buns, lettuce, tomatoes, and onion for serving
- In a medium saucepan, cook quinoa in boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and spread on a baking sheet to cool.
- In a food processor, pulse bread until coarse crumbs form; about 1 cup. In a bowl, whisk eggs and add zucchini. Stir in cheese, chives, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix in quinoa and bread crumbs, until combined. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Scoop 12 mounds and form each into 1/2-inch patties. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add patties and cook for about 3 minutes, until golden on the bottom. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet, flip patties and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining patties. Serve with buns, lettuce, tomatoes and onion.