Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 oz. red food coloring
- 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Whisk butter and
- cup sugar in a large mixing bowl. Stir cocoa powder, red food coloring, 1 teaspoon vanilla, vinegar and salt into butter mixture, mixing well. Stir 2 eggs into mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in flour just until combined; set aside 1/4 cup batter. Pour remaining batter into prepared baking dish.
- Using an electric mixer, in a bowl on medium speed, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, mix for
- to 4 minutes until well blended. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over batter. Drizzle reserved 1/4 cup batter over cream cheese mixture. Drag a knife through batter and cream cheese mixture to create swirls. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool and serve.