Red, White & Blueberry Pie
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened
- 3 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (3 oz.) box strawberry gelatin
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Place 1 crust in an ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press crust firmly against side and bottom. Fold excess crust under. Prick bottom and sides with a fork. Unroll second crust onto wax paper. Using star-shaped cookie cutter, cut stars from pie crust; place on cookie sheet. Bake stars about 5 minutes and crust for 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Let cool.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, stir together sugar and cornstarch. Add water and let boil. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Hull strawberries and place point sides up in baked pie shell. Place blueberries between strawberries. Spoon gelatin over berries, making sure each piece is covered. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Top each serving with star cutouts.