Red Wine and Chocolate Cupcakes
Author: Sparkle Markets
A delicious dessert for Valentine’s Day!
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a medium saucepan, bring red wine to a boil until reduced by half. Allow the wine to come back to room temperature. Mix the cake according to package directions, but use the reduced wine instead of your water. Line the cupcake pan with liners and bake according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile combine the butter and shortening together for 1 to 2 minutes. Add sugar, 1/4 cup of red wine reduction, vanilla and milk, mix to combine. Add more sugar or wine to perfect desired frosting consistency. Spread onto your cupcakes and enjoy!
- Watch Great Groceries on WFMJ Today (Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-7am) and on WFMJ’s Mid-Day Report (Wednesdays at noon). If you have comments or suggestions, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.