Let the slow cooker do the work; Rosemary Pot Roast makes a hearty dish, perfect for cooler evenings. Serve with your favorite vegetable and mashed potatoes.
Rosemary Pot Roast
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 lb. boneless beef chuck steak
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 3 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. water
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides. Transfer to a slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine broth, tomato sauce, wine, onion, garlic, parsley, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and keep warm. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef and mashed potatoes.