Salmon with Cilantro Quinoa and Pine Nuts is an easy, healthy recipe for two. It’s done in less than 20 minutes! The
Salmon with Cilantro Quinoa and Pine Nuts
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. chicken stock
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 (6 oz.) salmon fillets, skinned
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- Bring chicken stock and quinoa to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and add to pan. Cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove quinoa from heat, let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro, pine nuts, remaining
- teaspoon olive oil and remaining salt. Serve quinoa alongside salmon.