Salmon with Red Wine Balsamic Sauce
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups Pinot Noir red wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 (6 oz.) skinless salmon fillets
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add shallot and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and stir, cooking for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add wine and balsamic vinegar to the skillet, bringing mixture to a boil. Boil mixture for about 10 to 15 minutes until the liquid has reduced. Remove pan from heat and whisk in cream and butter until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet, add remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the salmon filets with salt and remaining pepper and add into skillet. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer salmon to their serving plates and spoon sauce over top