Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookie has the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- 20 caramels, cut in half
- Pretzel twists for pressing on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Slowly add in dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips and pretzels.
- Form cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. Place caramel piece in the center of the dough ball, making sure the cookie dough completely covers the caramel. Place about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently press a pretzel twist on top of each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.