Happy Cinco de Mayo! We are making a fresh shrimp taco recipe topped with mango salsa. Serve this colorful dish with your favorite margarita and Mexican rice.
Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 cup finely diced mango
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped, divided
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- Heat olive oil over high heat. Season shrimp with chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sear shrimp in heated pan for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Combine mango, peppers, 2 tablespoons lime juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup cilantro in a bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Place sour cream, remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, remaining lime juice, honey and salsa in food processor; process until sauce is smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Warm tortillas, add cilantro sauce, cabbage and shrimp to each tortilla. Top with mango salsa.