Slow Cooker Maple Dijon Chicken and Broccoli is made right in the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Maple Dijon Chicken and Broccoli
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 Tbsp. orange zest
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- In a medium bowl, whisk together maple syrup, mustards, red wine vinegar, garlic, rosemary, oregano and orange zest. Set aside.
- Using your fingers, spread brown sugar on the chicken thighs. Season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down and sear both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place chicken thighs in the slow cooker. Add in maple syrup mixture. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. Add broccoli during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Serve immediately.