This recipe has a hint of sweet orange, tangy lime and savory soy sauce. The family will love this one!
Be sure to watch Great Groceries on 21 WFMJ every Tuesday and Thursday during the 6am hour and Wednesdays at Noon!
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Tacos
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, halved
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 corn tortillas
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, jalapeno, orange juice, beer, lime juice, soy sauce and cumin to slow cooker. Stir gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or low for 4 to 5 hours, until chicken is done. Use slotted spoon to transfer chicken to a large bowl or cutting board. Shred into bite-size pieces.
- Ladle out some of the juices from slow cooker, leaving enough to mix with shredded chicken. Place shredded chicken back into slow cooker. Warm tortillas and serve with chicken, red onion and cilantro.