Spicy Sausage Rigatoni
Author: Sparkle Markets
This recipe makes enough to feed a crowd.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 carrots, minced
- 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic or Italian dressing
- 1 lb. whole wheat rigatoni
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- Parmesan cheese and parsley for topping
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots; sauté for 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add sausage, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. When sausage is fully cooked, add wine. Add tomatoes and dressing, simmer for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When draining, reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water. Combine pasta, sauce and reserved water and toss gently to combine. Transfer to a large serving dish and top with cheese and parsley.