Shop for all of the ingredients to make Spinach Scrambled Eggs with Home Fries. You won’t eat plain scrambled eggs again!
Spinach Scrambled Eggs with Home Fries
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped and divided
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) carton white mushrooms
- 8 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 4 cups spinach
- 4 oz. Swiss cheese
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place potatoes in skillet, and stir to coat with butter. Add 1/2 cup onion and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover with a lid, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a separate large skillet over medium heat. Add remaining onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes more; set aside.
- Remove lid from potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes, turning frequently until brown and
- crisp on all sides.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, remaining salt and remaining pepper. Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add eggs and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every few seconds. Add spinach and cook until beginning to wilt. Fold in mushroom mixture and cheese. Serve with home fries.