We have three healthy, light recipes for you this week! Spring Veggie Gnocchi is filled with peas and asparagus tossed in a light cream sauce. Garnish this dish with red pepper flakes if desired.
Spring Veggie Gnocchi
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 1 (12 oz.) package gnocchi
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add gnocchi and cook according to package directions. Drain and lightly rinse with water. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, shallots, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until shallots are soft. Add asparagus and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until fork tender. Add in peas and cooked gnocchi, cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes until peas are heated through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle in cheese, cream and lemon juice. Stir to combine and add crushed red pepper flakes.