Start your morning with Stuffed French Toast; it’s filled with cream cheese and jam. Substitute peanut butter for the cream cheese if desired.
Stuffed French Toast
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1/2 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond or vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Strawberries, powdered sugar and syrup for serving
- Spread cream cheese on one side of 4 slices of bread. Spread remaining 4 slices on one side with strawberry jam. Press cream cheese slices together with jam slices, forming sandwiches.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk and almond extract.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture to coat. Place in skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown. Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle powdered sugar overtop and drizzle with syrup. Serve with strawberries.