We are making a family favorite this week! It’s not your usual recipe though; we are making stuffed pepper soup. It’s hearty and comforting!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Author: Sparkle Markets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can beef broth
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup long grain white or brown rice
- Cheddar cheese for serving
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally while breaking up beef, until browned. Drain beef and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in pot with onion and peppers, sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds longer. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, basil, oregano and cooked beef.
- Bring to a light boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Prepare rice according to package directions. Reserve rice in a separate container and add to soup when ready to serve. Garnish with cheese and remaining parsley.